Join us on Sept 21st, 2021 at OASPA 2021: Online Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing: Designing 21st Century Knowledge Sharing Systems for a Keynote and Opening Panel/Q&A with Leslie Chan and the Knowledge Equity Lab.KEYNOTE 1
Knowledge Production and Health Equity
TIME: 2:15PM – 3:00PM BST (9:15 AM – 10:00AM EST)
- James Tumwine, Professor Emeritus, Makerere University School of Medicine; Professor, Kabale University School of Medicine, Uganda
- Introduced by Leslie Chan, Associate Professor, Department of Global Development Studies, University of Toronto Scarborough, Canada; Director, Knowledge Equity Lab
Imagining Other Worlds of Knowledge Making and Sharing
TIME: 3:15PM – 4:45PM BST (10:15 AM – 11:45AM EST)
- Fernanda Beigel, Principal Researcher at CONICET, Director of the Research Center on the Circulation of Knowledge, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo (UNCUYO), Argentina
- Ibrahim Oanda Ogachi, Senior Program Officer and Head, Training, Grants and Fellowships, Council for the Development of Social Science Research In Africa (CODESRIA), Senegal
- Susan Skomal, President & CEO, BioOne, USA
- Tim Wilson, Associate Vice-President, Research Programs, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Chairs: Leslie Chan, Associate Professor, Department of Global Development Studies, University of Toronto Scarborough, Canada and Jennifer Gibson, Head of Open Research Communication, eLife, UK
Unsettling Knowledge Inequities Podcast
Some of these speakers have been featured guests on our podcast! Click to learn and listen more.
James Tumwine was featured on the Unsettling Knowledge Inequities podcast Season 1 Episode 3.
Fernanda Beigel was featured on the Unsettling Knowledge Inequities podcast Season 2 Episode 1.