KNOWLEDGE EQUITY LAB VIRTUAL LAUNCH PARTY
DATE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th, 2020
LOCATION: Zoom (Register here: http://tinyurl.com/launchkel)
TIME: 7:00-9:00pm ESTJOIN US for an evening of stories, performances, and collaborative activities that celebrate projects and people advancing knowledge inclusion, epistemic diversity, and the centering of underrepresented knowledge as a means of social change!
7:00-8:00PM – FORMAL LAUNCHThe first hour will consist of the Formal Launch, where we will hear from, and celebrate projects and people who have advanced knowledge equity over the years.
- Welcoming Remarks from:
- Principal Wisdom Tetty (Vice-President and Principal, University of Toronto Scarborough)
- Professor Paul Kingston (Director, Centre for Critical Development Studies)
- And more!
- Stories and Performances from people & partners of the Knowledge Equity Lab projects:
- Bioline International, an open-access platform to make visible scientific journals published in the Global South
- OCSDNet, an award-winning action research network whose 12 researcher-practitioner teams explored the question of whether “open science” could serve as a tool for transformative development thinking and practice
- KnowledgeGAP, a collective of student and early-career researchers investigating the geopolitics of academic knowledge production.
- Open Praxis Forum, a platform for students to publish research & alternative kinds of knowledge, to broaden the scope of “legitimized knowledge”
- Community Knowledge Learning Hub, an experiential learning project co-developed with community partners to provide meaningful experiential learning opportunities informed by critical pedagogy
- Knowledge 4 Change Toronto Hub, an initiative of the UNESCO Co-Chairs in Community-based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education seeking to co-create knowledge and research capacities through collective action by practitioners, community-based researchers, community groups, and academics.
- Premier screening of the Knowledge Equity Lab video!
8:00-9:00PM – POST-LAUNCH SOCIALIn the second hour, we will be inviting all participants to join us for a Post-Launch Social, where our rockstar KEL Launch Facilitators will be hosting a virtual potluck, and a collaborative mapping activity at the Community Garden of Knowledge Equity to sow the seeds of new ideas, tend to and nourish existing projects, and harvest the fruits of our collective knowledge!
- Virtual Community Potluck at the University of Toronto Scarborough Valley
- Collaborative Mapping Activity at the Community Garden of Knowledge Equity
- Open Space / Q&A / Open Performances
**Have a project or idea related to Knowledge Equity? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to share during Open Space!
If you require any accessibility accommodations, please contact email@example.com.